2. The city is named after Evander Lee, the area’s first permanent settler, and it's said that his family came to the area in 1857.
3. Leesburg is known as 'The Lakefront City.'
Its loved Harris Chain of Lakes offers the area top waterfront recreation and breathtaking views - Learn more about the Harris Chain of Lakes here.
4. Leesburg offers tons of Real Estate options including top 55+ communities.
Explore some of the best Active Adult Communities in Leesburg here!
5. One of the area's most popular pastimes is enjoying lakefront recreation.
6. Locals love calling Leesburg home thanks to its variety of ways to get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
Watermelon was the area's most popular crop, and the annual watermelon festival was a local favorite.
9. Leesburg has a thriving art scene.
From murals, events, plays, and more - artistic expression can be found throughout this vibrant community. Learn more here!